I don’t know about you, but I always feel a little stuck at this time of year. Whilst everyone is getting motivated and setting themselves new goals, I am distracted by the dreary weather and post-Christmas blues.
Today has been dubbed Blue Monday. It’s apparently the ‘most depressing’ day of the year. So, I thought I’d create a list of 30 things you could do to pick yourself up when you’re feeling flat.
- Get up and get moving.
- Get dressed.
- Sort out a messy space in your home.
- Clean something or have a tidy up.
- Paint your nails.
- Do something nice with your hair.
- Light your favourite candle.
- Spend time with your pet(s).
- Head outside.
- Go for a long walk.
- Make yourself your favourite hot drink.
- Have a bath.
- Have a shower.
- Read your favourite book.
- Watch your favourite film.
- Catch up on your favourite Netflix series.
- Bake or cook something – even if you’re terrible at it!
- Go to the gym or do some at-home exercises.
- Call a friend or family member.
- Meet up with a pal.
- Organise something that you can look forward to.
- Write down a list of things that you’re grateful for.
- Write a letter to a friend about how you’re feeling, even if you don’t intend to send it.
- Play your favourite game.
- Research or start a project you’ve been wanting to do for ages.
- Make your favourite meal or snack.
- Try a new craft.
- Have a nap.
- Ride it out and assure yourself that your bad mood will pass.
For more suggestions, plus a list of mental health resources, check out my January Blues post.
Do you have any tips on picking yourself up when you feel down? Share them in the comments or Tweet me.